Terms and Conditions for using pabpub
All users — pages, groups, applications or entity that use PabPub (Phoenix Award Books Publications) — are automatically subjected to comply to the terms and policies of PabPub despite the subsequent disclaimers.
This page is used to inform users regarding PabPub policies guiding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information of any user or page using its services, and also it defines the conditions under which users should use the platform. These terms apply to the PabPub web application, mobile/PC applications and any other medium through which a user may use PabPub.
* Users must be 13 years old or above and must be allowed to use such platform in his/her country in order to use PabPub.
* The works (books) available on PabPub (including their copies and adaptations available in third party stores) are provided by the author and PabPub to be accessed by interested users. However, all of these books are copyrighted and no entity is permitted to copy these books or any part of them in any format or through any medium without prior signed permission of the publisher or author. Users are trusted to use transferrable copies of these books only for personal uses. Any misuse attracts prosecution.
* Users are permitted to share books only by their direct links and/or use of any of the share buttons available for these books.
* By signing up on PabPub, users willingly submit their personal information, such as email, name and location for PabPub to use for the personalization of services. By using PabPub, users automatically give consent to PabPub to use these information.
* Users are expected to typically own only one account on PabPub. If more than one account are detected to seem to belong to a single entity, PabPub may flag some or any of the account as an impostor account. This may lead to the deactivation of account(s) with such flags.
* Users are expected to exhibit socially acceptable and appropriate behaviors when using the platform, especially when interacting with other users or posting contents. Users that are viewed (even subjectively) to exhibit unacceptable behavior may be flagged and subsequently deactivated.
* PabPub may not lose/remove a user's account for one reason or another.
* PabPub will not ask any user to pay in exchange for publishing or any other favor. PabPub is ignorant of any such transaction that may occur, except in the purchase of PubCoins.
* In the event that PabPub receives money/favor/services from any entity and it was not in purchase of PubCoin(s) or payment of a sellable content, good or service, PabPub may choose to accept this as a free, well-wisher donation.
* PabPub cannot vouch for any user and hence cannot guarantee the trustworthiness of any user or page. If a user performs any transaction with another, they do so at their own risk.
* PabPub uses trusted third party service providers to perform PubCoin purchase transactions. Therefore, PabPub does not request for your credit card or account information of any sort and hence does not have access to any of such information, and so PabPub is unable to guarantee, with 100% certainty, that failure will not occur in any functionality.
* PabPub aims to deliver copies of PabPub books to any possible store and format used by any user. For this, PabPub delivers books in multiple formats, through multiple vendors at diverse costs. PabPub is unable to guarantee 100% homogeneity for all copies of these books, their formats or guarantee the services of these third party service providers. Users are subject to the terms and policies of these third party service providers as it is expected that users use services of only the service providers they already trust. PabPub may only answer to short comings that may occur only within the PabPub platform.
* PabPub strives to publish only the most excellent books in diverse genres and formats. This, however, does not guarantee that a user will be satisfied by any of the book they purchase through PabPub.
* PabPub uses a verification symbol to indicate which books are signed and recognized or even refurbished by PabPub. This does not in anyway imply that one book is superior to the other and hence, will produce more satisfactory consumption.
* PabPub users are advised to be mindful of the contents they digest through PabPub. PabPub cannot be held accountable for how users are affected by the contents they read.
* PabPub cannot guarantee 100% security for information. No method of transmission and storage of information is 100% secure and reliable.
Our Privacy Policies
(from now on referred to as PabPub) and You, constitutes our commitment to your privacy on
our website, social media platforms and premises.
—Your Privacy Rights
If you are created a username, identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our access security measures, you must treat such information as confidential, and
you must not disclose it to any third party. We reserve the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you
have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Conditions. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you know your security details, you must promptly notify us at
or visit any of our offices for official or non-official purposes (collectively “PabPub services”).
—Your Personal Information
When you use PabPub Services, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile
phone or another electronic access device. The automatically-collected information includes but not limited to--data about the pages you access, computer IP address, device ID or unique
identifier, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, mobile network information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad
data, standard web log data, still and moving images.
We may also collect the information you provide us including but not limited to- report on web form; survey responses account update information, email, phone number, the organisation you
represent, official position, correspondence with PabPub support services and
telecommunication with PabPub. We also collect information about your transactions,
enquiries and your activities on our platform or premises.
We may also use the information provided by third parties like social media sites. Information
about you provided by other sites are not controlled by PabPub, and we are therefore not liable for how they use it.
—What we do with your personal information
The purpose of our collecting your personal information is to give you an efficient, enjoyable and secure customer experience. We may use your information to:
* Provide PabPub services and support;
* process applications and send notices about your transactions to requisite parties;
* verify your identity;
* resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
* manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
* detect, prevent or remediate violations of Laws, Regulations, Standards,
Guidelines and Frameworks;
* improve the PabPub Services by implementing aggregate customer preferences;
* measure the performance of the PabPub Services and enhance content, technology and layout;
* to trail information breach and remediate such identified breaches
* manage and protect our information technology and physical infrastructure;
* contact you at any time through your provided telephone number, email address
or other contact details;
—How we protect your personal information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in Nigeria. Where we need to transfer your data to another country, such a state must have an adequate data protection law.
We will seek your consent where we need to send your data to a country without an appropriate data protection law. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorisation controls.
—How We Share your information within PabPub and other users
During your interaction with our website or premises, we may provide a third party with a few of your details. We work with third parties, to perform PabPub mandate and services such as purchase of pubcoins. In doing so, a third party may share information about you with us, such as your email address or mobile phone number. You accept that your pictures and testimonials on all social media platforms about PabPub can be used for limited promotional purposes by Us. This action does not include your trademark or copyrighted materials.
From time to time, we may send you relevant information such as news items, enforcement notice, statutorily mandated notices, essential information to aid our performance of our mandate. We may also share your data in compliance with National or international laws; crime prevention and risk management agencies and service providers.
We will always hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorised access to your information, we have implemented healthy controls and security safeguards at the technical and operational levels. This site uses Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) to ensure secure transmission of your data. You should see the padlock symbol in your URL address bar once you are successfully logged into the platform. The URL address will also start with https:// depicting a secure webpage. SSL applies encryption between two points such as your PC and the connecting server. Any data transmitted during the session will be encrypted before transmission and decrypted at the receiving end. This process is to ensure that data cannot be read during transmission. PabPub has also taken measures to comply with global Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) we, therefore, have put in place digital and physical security measures to limit or eliminate possibilities of data privacy breach incidents.
- Data Confidentiality Rights
Your information is regarded as confidential and will not be divulged to any third party except under legal and regulatory conditions. You have the right to request sight of, and copies of all information we keep on you if such requests are made in compliance with the Freedom of Information Act and other relevant enactments. While PabPub is responsible for safeguarding the information entrusted to us, your role in fulfilling confidentiality duties includes, but is not limited to, adopting and enforcing appropriate security measures such as non-sharing of passwords and other platform login details, adherence with physical security protocols on our premises, dealing with only authorized officers of the Agency.
Links to Other Websites and Premises
- Specific transaction processing channels may require links to other websites or Organisations other than ours. Please note that PabPub is not responsible and has no control over websites outside its domain. We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s sites which link from our website or media platforms. Opinions expressed or materials appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us, and PabPub should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or materials. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content of these sites. We encourage our users to be mindful of when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other website connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. PabPub will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
- Governing Law