Would you like to get published with PabPub?
Send us an email via email@example.com containing details of your manuscript including the genre, themes, synopsis, copyights information, author's autobiograpy in a query letter, and include what sort of contract you intend to have with PabPub.
Send this in the email and attach your manuscript(hereinafter referred to as book) as a PDF, epub or doc(or .docx) file.
We will reply you via the sender email address as soon as possible.
By signing a publishing contract with PabPub, the Author grants the Publisher full right and title to the following, in perpetuity:
—The right to publish, sell, and profit from the listed works in all languages and formats in existence today and at any point in the future.
—To create or devise modified, abridged, or derivative works based on the works listed.
These rights are granted by the Author on behalf of him/herself and their successors, heirs, executors, and any other party who may attempt to lay claim to these rights at any point now or in the future.
—The rights granted to the Publisher by the Author shall not be constrained by geographic territories and are considered global in nature.
The Author warrants that the works governed by this book publishing contract are their sole intellectual property, that no other similar agreements governing these works exist, and that the works are not in the public domain.
Additionally, the Author warrants that the works do not infringe on copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual rights of any third parties. If the works governed by this book publishing contract contain statements presented as fact, the Author warrants that such statements are true and accurate.
Furthermore, the Author agrees to refrain from entering into agreements with third parties that conflict with the terms of this book publishing contract.
Furthermore; the book must be linked in one way or another to Africa, her people, land or culture.
Phoenix Award Books Publications (hereinafter PabPub, pabpub, we, us, pabpublications, publisher) has three contracts (hereinafter agreements, terms or rights) types binding the publisher, the author[s](hereinafter author, you, client, user) and third parties(readers, other persons, organization, other publishers, websites, or including those that may be implied).
Contract Types, Details, Terms and Rights:
This category of publication is far from personal to PabPub but allows free and frictionless relationship between the author and the publisher.
- PabPub will not have reasonable extent of claim whatsoever to the book and will not make extra demands of the author.
- PabPub will treat such books with least attention in terms of investment and promotion (and including other instances that may be implied)
- The book will be published for free, with its main intention being for reaching readers with no profit sense.
- The book will remain part of PabPub for a minimum of 55 days before the author can make any request that changes the state of its use, including taking it off the platform (and including other instances that may be implied).
- The author will have no rights to any revenue generated indirectly (countable or not) by the book.
This category of publication requires negotiation. The author-publisher relationship typically lasts for at least a year (365 days) with a flexibly negotiable percentage commission and a negotiable duration of relationship, typically spanning from one to five years.
During the period agreed on the publisher rights are signed to PabPub, including publication, marketing, promotion, distribution and regulation of the book, its copies, adaptations and contents (and including other instances that may be implied) — limiting the authors freedom to do such things as post their books or its contents to a website or share its copies without PabPub's consent.
In this contract,
- The rights to the book will belong to PabPub for the agreed duration as the sole publisher or as stipulated in the signed agreement.
- PabPub may demand reasonable conditions to be met before, during and after the publication has been made, which may be targeted to improving sales or otherwise. (One reserves the right to refuse to comply to demands, if PabPub makes demands they do not accept and which is/are not within the range of the signed agreements.)
- The retail price of a book is primarily determined by PabPub but can be negotiated. PabPub still reserves the right to vary sales prices for several purposes (and including other instances that may be implied).
- PabPub will own a percentage of the book’s generated revenue, as agreed upon during the course of negotiation.
This is a traditional author-publisher relationship in which full publisher rights are signed to PabPub, including publication, marketing, promotion, distribution and regulation of the book, its copies, adaptations and contents (and including other instances that may be implied) — limiting the authors freedom to do such things as post their books or its contents to a website or share its copies without PabPub's consent.
This typically spans a duration of at least ten years (3653 days) and books signed with this contract type are treated with the highest possible attention. PabPub invests more in this category while the author stands to gain more as well as these books are featured.
In this contract type,
- PabPub will have rights to demand changes and improvements in the book.
- PabPub may alter its original content with the aim of improvement.
- PabPub will have rights to a negotiable percentage of the book’s revenue.
- PabPub will prioritize such books as theirs, giving it personal attention and promoting it with all intentions to reach even the attention of far bigger publishers. In this instance PabPub would still have rights that extend to the higher publishers, bearing the mutual interest at heart.
- PabPub will determine the price of the book and all marketing, distribution and promotional decisions.
The following terms apply to all of the three contract types available on PabPub.
- The Publisher shall have the exclusive right to edit or modify the delivered materials at their discretion prior to publication. However, the Author shall have the right to review any modifications and grant approval prior to publication.
While the Author shall have the right to review and approve and changes to content, the work’s format, cover design, and final artwork, the Publisher shall retain full right to manufacture, distribute, market, and sell the completed work as they deem necessary.
The Publisher agrees to provide page proofs of the material prior to publication. These proofs shall include all content, including artwork. The author agrees to review and return these proofs to the Publisher within 30 days. If the Author makes or requests changes to the content aside from typographical errors in excess of 5% of the typesetting cost, then the Author agrees to pay such costs to the Publisher.
The Publisher agrees that the works covered under this book publishing contract will be published within one year of delivery of the initial manuscript.
- The Publisher agrees to consult with the Author regarding marketing the published works, but reserves the right to make final decisions regarding sales and marketing of the works. The Author grants the Publisher the right to use the Author’s name and likeness as they see fit for marketing purposes.
- The Publisher owns and retains full rights to any material and accessories created for and by them for promotion (or other reasons) of the book.
- The Publisher reserves the right to nullify any contract; even before its duration elapses. However, PabPub will not hold back earnings belonging to the author that were acquired during the period the contract had lasted as long as the reason for this nullification was not provoked by actions of the author which includes breaking agreement (and including other instances that may be implied).
- An agreement may not be altered, amended, or otherwise modified except through written form requiring signature by both parties.
- Should multiple individuals be considered the “Author” of the works governed by an agreement, each of those individuals shall be liable for adhering to the terms of this contract.
- The Publisher and Author shall be granted an extension on any time-sensitive duties related to a publishing agreement should circumstances beyond their control interfere with their ability to execute their contractual obligations.
- All notices related to this contract shall be delivered via certified mail or email.
- A book publishing contract shall be considered legally binding upon both parties heirs, partners, associates, subsidiaries, successors, executors, and licensees.
- An agreement shall be governed by the laws of The Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Any disputes related to this contract shall be resolved through binding neutral arbitration.
DISCLAIMER(S) AND NOTES:
- Retail prices of books as displayed or agreed upon do not directly reflect the revenue of the sold book. Retailers commission and tax affects the revenue of a marketed commodity. Exchange rates and territorial prices may play part too (and including other instances that may be implied).
- PabPub does not publish books that lack links to Africa, her people, culture or land (or including other instances that may be implied)